Re: Need help wuth yum new fc4 installation -

Hi,

Bob Goodwin wrote:

> I am really stuck without a working yum in FC4 installed yesterday.
> I've modified/copied various yum.conf files without success.

This might help:

http://fedoranews.org/mediawiki/index.php/Setting_up_YUM_for_FC4

It's about a little utility called "yumfix"

install the script, run "yumfix" and you can install the repositories
that you want to use.  If you select "livna", only livna can be
installed at that time.  However, if you don't install "livna", all
the other repositories can be installed at once.  The script also does
not remove your default repositories.  Note, however, if you run
"yumfix", the installed repositories remain until you run it again, so
if you installed "livna" and then, wanted to go back to your default
repositories, you would have to run the script again.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Colleen