To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 12:34 PM
Subject: Re: GPG Problems with FC4

Piero wrote:
From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx

[mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of chalonec

Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 6:19 PM
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: GPG Problems with FC4

I have been trying to update my fc4 using up2date and yum.  Both say the

packages I am downloading do not have signed GPG keys. Is there a fix for
this?

Sure... it's enough to edit /etc/yum.conf setting "gpgcheck" directive to 0
value on each repository...

That's hiding the problem rather than fixing it though. The GPG checks help you to ensure that only software packaged by the maintainers of the repos you use gets installed on your system, even if those repos get hacked by the bad guys.

Paul.