Re: writing ISO's

>cheerful aya wrote:
>>   Hi,
>>  In short I must say, I've downloaded the ISO's and have 2 problems :
>> 1)  I don't know how to check the integrity of them; I mean how to
>>     check the SHA1 checksums. [There's just a windows XP
>>      installed on my PC]

>See http://www.roseindia.net/linux/tutorial/checkingfedoracoreiso.shtml

>> 2)  Is any difference between writing an ISO and writing a common
>> file? if not, should I first extract them [they have a winrar extention]
>> to the CD or what?

>Don't write it as a common file and don't try extracting anything
>either. You need to burn the ISOs to CDs as "images".

>See
>http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/e-smith/docs/howto/CD_burning_howto.html
>for some tips for a variety of CD-burning applications.

>Paul.

Thanks, the links were so useful. For checking the checksums I found
this sentence in the guiding link :
"You can calculate the checksums key by type sha1sum*.iso on the
command prompt ."
what does it mean by "command prompt"? If it implies MS-DOS prompt,
then I can't find any MS-DOS window in windows XP.