Re: Another broken config tool in FC4

On 7/8/05, Amadeus W. M. <amadeus84@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> After my ordeal with the network (I wasn't getting a default gateway
> because the network files were not being written out properly by
> system-config-network when choosing dhcp), I found another config tool
> that doesn't do what it's supposed to: system-config-securitylevel.
> I was trying to get nfs working, and though I had nfs and portmap ports
> open, I figured from rpcinfo -p that I also needed the mountd ports open.
> So I tried to add them in system-config-securitylevel, but iptables
> remained unchanged. Had to insert the rules manually, iptables-save, etc.
>
> I'm surprised I don't see other people discovering non-working
> configuration tools. Is there something wrong with my gnome installation?
> Or does everybody else configure stuff at the prompt?
>
> At any rate, maybe gnome10 was not ready for prime time.

The system-config-* packages aren't GNOME packages, they're Red Hat
packages.  When you're filing the bug reports (you *are* filing bug
reports, aren't you?  Posting to this list isn't the same thing!) make
sure you post them to the right project (bugzilla.redhat.com).

Ben
--
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs@xxxxxxxxxx
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )            ben.steeves@xxxxxxxxx