One Device, Several Profiles

Hi,

I have my PCMCIA wifi card running under FC3 on my laptop.  When
plugged in, it always comes up using the same profile, which is
associated with the device ath0.  This profile has my home
settings, specifically my SSID and encryption key.

I would like to be able to define an alternative wireless profile
for ath0 without a specified SSID and key (for easy use in public
places), and in fact I have done so, but if I plug in the PCMCIA
card, it always configures according to the original default profile
with the encryption key.  Deactivating one profile and activating
another does not seem to work.  I can provide gory details if
required.

How, actually what, do I configure so that I can insert the
PCMCIA card and then associate ath0 on the fly with whichever
profile I choose?

Thanks in Advance!

dpn