Re: Yum FC4 RPM to UPGRADE FC3 MySQL

lonnie@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Greetings All,

I have FC3 with MySQL 3.23 and really need to upgrade to MySQL 4.x

After trying to upgrade with the FC4 MySQM 4.x rpm's I found out
that there are a lot of dependencies. Being afraid of missing
something I am wondering if there is some way to use yum to get the
rpm for the MySQL 4.x from the FC4 branch?

perhaps someone already has the MySQL 4.x rpm's that will install on
FC3 then I would really like to get them from you.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Lonnie

Any particular reason why you do not just use the RPMS from www.mysql.org ?