Re: FC4 stops X11 app popping to front of Z order

* Barry Scott <barry.scott@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [2005-07-07 11:51]:
> I have some apps that change there Z order to come to the front and
> get focus. Under FC3 no problem. But under FC4 the window gets
> focus but the Z order does not change.
>
> I have also seen this problem when I click on the Panels buttons to
> start up a new firefox. It start under the window with focus.

Some of the Eclipse developers were complaining about this as well.

> Which code is responsible? How can I configure/patch to fix
> this problem?

I believe it's an issue with metacity, the window manager.  You could try
filing a bug in Red Hat's bugzilla (http://bugzilla.redhat.com) but it
might already be filed, so search first.  There is a good chance that it's
an upstream issue, though, so you could also look at GNOME's bugzilla:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org .

HTH,

Andrew