Re: selinux problem with httpd and mysql

Ankush Grover wrote:
Did you do the relabel after booting with selinux=0, as suggested by
Daniel Walsh?

# touch /.autorelabel
# reboot

Without this, you may have unlabelled files around your system.

You should be able to fix this particular issue with:

# restorecon -R /var/lib/mysql

but the autorelabel should fix all contexts.

Why did you get mysql from the mysql.com site? FC4 comes with mysql
4.1.11, so I'm guessing you're on FC3 (confirmed by looking back to the
start of your previous "selinux problem" thread). If you're not using
the current latest release of Fedora, it's well worth mentioning this
when you raise issues, as people may make incorrect assumptions about
what you're running, and hence give inappropriate answers.

Hey Paul,

Sorry for not giving full information for ex like I am using FC3.I
won't do the same mistake again.Well I tried restorecon -R
/var/lib/mysql but it did not solve the problem.

I will try autorelabel .

Make sure you have the latest selinux-policy-targeted\* packages installed too.

If "restorecon -R /var/lib/mysql" doesn't fix it, try:

# make -C /etc/selinux/targeted/src/policy reload

and then try again.

Paul.