Font printouts too dark

Hello,

I have Fedora Core 4, with a fully functioning HP Deskjet 5150. FC has given me no problems in setup or use. However, I have noticed, since FC3, that the fonts (text) come out a lot darker, and more bold than they should. The fonts look alot thinner and crisper on the screen, and on prinouts (same ttf font) in Windows.

Since I have no intention what so ever to go to Windows just to pint, I'd really like some assistance in solving this issue. I'm unsure of where to start the troubleshooting. It does seem to be a software problem for sure.

Thanks

Arturo