Re: Folder Synchronization

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 06:34:34PM -0500, Justin Willmert wrote:
> I am looking for a utility that will allow me to synchronize folders
> between my laptop, and my server where my documents are stored.
> Currently I am NFS, but please allow me to elaborate why this is not my
> ideal solution.
[snip]

I started taking a look at iFolder from Novell[1], but haven't played
with it yet.  It looks like it might do exactly what you want.  I don't
see it packaged in any of the repositories which I've configured, but
maybe someone will work on adding it to Extras eventually.

Another solution I've been considering for the kind of thing you want is
CVS (or Subversion).  This gives you the added benefit of revision
control on the files you're keeping in sync.  CVS easily tunnels over
SSH for security.

-chris

[1] http://www.ifolder.com/