Re: VDQ : search "/" how with FC4's GUI??

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 12:04:55 -0700, Scott Talbot wrote:

>     When I select he "home" drop-down box I see choices filesystem which
> is the same as "/", as well as each mounted drive, listed separately.
> At the bottom there is other... which brings up a standard GNOME file
> requester, to select any sub folder that is mounted.

Well, you might know I'd find the thing I originally wanted, *after* I
sent that post: choosing "filesystem" turns out to make it do what I was
trying to. <he muttered, beating his head against the usual wall>

But your report seems at variance with what I see, or the way I understand
something. If I change the default "Home" under "Search for Files" to
"Other," I just get a list of files in /home/btth (my userID's home
folder) -- without even the .files, nor any way of displaying them -- much
less files like /etc or /usr. I don't even see a way to go up to /home and
back down to /home/backups (which I created, and scp'd stuff into as btth)
instead of staying in /home/btth.

Unlike the other choices there, "filesystem" does give me two columns of
lists. Clicking on one in the right-hand column ungrays the Add button
under the other column; clicking on one in that column does nothing I can
see.

--
Beartooth Neo-Redneck, Linux Evangelist
FC 1&4, YDL 4; Pine 4.63, Pan 0.14.2.91; Privoxy 3.0.3;