Re: Postifx and virtual users (user unknown)

Am Mi, den 06.07.2005 schrieb redhatdude@xxxxxxxxxxxxx um 18:07:

> I can't receive mail since postfix reports the accounts as unknown
> and I can't relay either.
> I'm using the bood Postfix: The definite guide by Kyle Dent.

Postfix is configured to talk with Cyrus-IMAPd through the LMTP socket?
If relaying is denied you either did not set the (private) net for
relaying or using AUTH it is not working. Speak to Postfix using telnet
to port 25 and run the SMTP commands. As suggested, saslfinger should
help you too. Some info, like AUTH testing

http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/smtpauth/smtp_auth_mailclients.html

> I'm using FC4 with SElinux enabled. I opened the ports in the
> firewall, I checked permissions on the required files so Postfix can
> have access to them
> I don't know what to do.
> Postfix just doesn't want to work.

Observe the messages or audit.log file to see if SELinux causes any
denied actions.

> EJ

Alexander

Serendipity 18:18:20 up 11 days, 1:10, load average: 0.29, 0.28, 0.25