Re: New Age Music can kill FC4. So can EMI CDs. And a few DVDs.

Just a guess, but what kind of DRM is used on this disc? If it has a
corrupted TOC or some other purposeful damage, it may cause a loop of
some sort in your cd player app.

 Per the mp3.com page for this album it does seem to have DRM on it:
 http://www.mp3.com/albums/593094/downloads.html

Dave Gavin

Tried a "Copy Controlled" EMI crap CD yesterday, it made current FC4 kernel panic (2.6.12-1.1387_FC4). Turning off haldaemon while inserting disc helped, since hald (or gnome-volume-manager) tries to do neat stuff before the drive is finished initializing the corrupt CD. This kernel has also paniced on me with certain DVD movies. I suspect it's the same problem. Very annoying. =) . Will file bug report if it isn't gone in the next kernel release (which I'm hoping is soon, current kernel has been the buggiest I've experienced on FC4 so far, on my laptop).

Btw. I was able to rip the CD using cdparanoia, but it certainly took a while.

Øyvind.
--
< Øyvind Stegard < oyvinst at ifi uio no >
 < http://www.oyvind.nu/