Re: pb with bind-chroot on fc2

Am Mi, den 06.07.2005 schrieb franklin dibus um 17:54:

Resending this to the list as the answer reached me personally and I
think it is better to be addressed to the community (for this reason I
do not strip quotation).

> sorry  I 'am trying to fix this pb!
> that is /etc/named.conf
> // a caching only nameserver config
> //
> controls {
>         inet 127.0.0.1 allow { localhost; } keys { rndckey; };
> };
> zone "." IN {
>         type hint;
>         file "named.ca";
> };
>
> zone "localhost" IN {
>         type master;
>         file "localhost.zone";
>         allow-update { none; };
> };
>
> zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa" IN {
>         type master;
>         file "named.local";
>         allow-update { none; };
> };
>
> include "/etc/rndc.key";
>
> and that is /etc/rndc.conf
>  * INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING
>  * FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT,
>  * NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION
>  * WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
>  */
>
> /* $Id: rndc.conf,v 1.7 2001/01/09 21:40:45 bwelling Exp $ */
>
> /*
>  * Sample rndc configuration file.
>  */
>
> options {
>         default-server  localhost;
>         default-key     "rndckey";
> };
>
> server localhost {
>         key     "rndckey";
> };
>
> include "/etc/rndc.key";
> and that is /etc/rndc.key
> key "rndckey" {
>         algorithm       hmac-md5;
>         secret "xxx";

* I removed the secret value and exchanged it with "xxx" for security
reasons *
Franklin, if you don't trust me it isn't a bad idea to now generate a
new rndckey.

> };
> now that are the zone files
> /var/named/localhost.zone
> $TTL    86400
> $ORIGIN localhost.
> @                       1D IN SOA       @ root (
>                                         42              ; serial (d. adams)
>                                         3H              ; refresh
>                                         15M             ; retry
>                                         1W              ; expiry
>                                         1D )            ; minimum
>
>                         1D IN NS        @
>                         1D IN A         127.0.0.1
> /var/named/named.local
>
> $TTL    86400
> @       IN      SOA     localhost. root.localhost.  (
>                                       1997022700 ; Serial
>                                       28800      ; Refresh
>                                       14400      ; Retry
>                                       3600000    ; Expire
>                                       86400 )    ; Minimum
>               IN      NS      localhost.
>
> 1       IN      PTR     localhost.
> [root@ndogbong root]# nslookup localhost
> Server:         10.100.100.130
> Address:        10.100.100.130#53
>
> ** server can't find localhost: NXDOMAIN
>
> [root@ndogbong root]#
>
> but when I uninstall bind -chroot it work find!

All files look proper. My assumption that you problem is that you do not
respect that with bind chrooted the location of the files is not /etc/
and /var/named! See

/etc/sysconfig/named

and the default "ROOTDIR=/var/named/chroot" setting. bind-chrooted does
not see anything outside this chroot dir.

Alexander

Serendipity 18:09:58 up 11 days, 1:02, load average: 0.16, 0.25, 0.27