Re: Mail Client --> intermediate host --> stunnel (?) --> imaps server

On 7/5/05, Matt Morgan <minxmertzmomo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Thanks! This sounds like the way we'd want to do it. Is IMAP proxying
> > > something Courier can do, or is an IMAP proxy something different?
> >
> > Courier can proxy IMAP connections.
>
> Thanks. I googled, too, and also found
>
> http://www.horde.org/imapproxy/
> http://www.imapproxy.org/
>
> which sound similar. (I have a tendency to get excited and write back
> first, then google afterward ... but again, thanks for clueing me in!)

OK, I read up some more. Apparently, I'm clueless. I understand now
that IMAPS is old-fashioned and the right way to do encrypted imap is
IMAP (on port 143) with STARTTLS.

Correct? This is new to me and I'm not sure I'm on the right path. Thanks.