Re: Postifx and virtual users (user unknown)

Am Mi, den 06.07.2005 schrieb redhatdude@xxxxxxxxxxxxx um 8:20:

> I set up /usr/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf to pwcheck_method: auxprop

Makes sense to extend the smtpd.conf content:

pwcheck_method: auxprop
auxprop_plugin: sasldb
mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5
# log_level: 3

> Then in main.cf
> smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
> broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
> smtpd_sender_login_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_senders
>          permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination
> smtpd_sasl_security_options = noanonymous, noplaintext, nodictionary
>
> then postconf /etc/postfix/sasl_senders
>
> then saslpasswd2 -c theuser (I also tried it with -u mydomain)

When creating entries in the sasldb2 you should always use the "-u
domain" switch as else saslpasswd2 will take the domainpart of your
local domain / hostname. Running multiple domains you certainly want
users like arnolds@xxxxxxx, silvesters@xxxxxxx, ...

> Cyrus recognizes this theuser, which has no account in the system,
> but Postfix doesn't when I enable sasl.
> Why?

Important to take care for are the permissions of the /etc/sasldb2 file!
You must set the permission in a way that both Postfix (user postfix)
and Cyrus-IMAPd (group mail?) are able to access the file.

> EJ
>
> This is from the logs:
> /var/log/maillog
>
> saslpasswd2: setpass succeeded for thuser
> saslpasswd2: error deleting entry from sasldb: DB_NOTFOUND: No
> matching key/data pair found

IIRC that second message hasn't much to say and appears when deleting a
user entry from the sasldb2.

Alexander

Serendipity 14:27:31 up 10 days, 21:19, load average: 0.18, 0.13, 0.09