Re: ATI drivers

On Wed July 6 2005 5:28 am, Kam Leo wrote:
> On 7/6/05, Angela Kahealani <angela@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sat, 2004-06-05 05:52, Dylan Parry wrote:
> > > I know the proccess has been covered to death in this list, but has
> > > anyone taken the time to write a tutorial explaining how to install
> > > the ATI drivers (the ones for Radeon and up) from the ATI website?
> >
> > Did you ever find an answer?
> > This is the anniversary of your question,
> > and I'm still looking for the answer.
>
> Livna, http://rpm.livna.org , has rpms built for both ATI and Nvidia.
> So why go through the bother of building your own?

Yes, and to the specifics of the question, Livna's write up is excellent and
easy to understand. The drivers work well. And the process of keeping them
updated through various kernel upgrades is clearly explained; and, even more
to the point, they deliver. Usually within hours of a kernel release, they
have the new kernel-module up on their repo.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA