Postifx and virtual users (user unknown)

Hello
I set up /usr/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf to pwcheck_method: auxprop
Then in main.cf
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
smtpd_sender_login_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_senders
        permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination
smtpd_sasl_security_options = noanonymous, noplaintext, nodictionary

then postconf /etc/postfix/sasl_senders

then saslpasswd2 -c theuser (I also tried it with -u mydomain)

Cyrus recognizes this theuser, which has no account in the system, but Postfix doesn't when I enable sasl.
Why?
EJ

This is from the logs:
/var/log/maillog

saslpasswd2: setpass succeeded for thuser
saslpasswd2: error deleting entry from sasldb: DB_NOTFOUND: No matching key/data pair found