Re: Is the HP PSC 1315 not recognized by FC4?

Jerry DeLisle escreveu:
Vinicius wrote:

Hello,

I have a HP PSC 1315 and the computer OS is FC4 (the kernel is 2.6.12-1.1387_FC4).

The command lspci is not showing the printer, but it did show on FC3 and the printer was working on FC3.

Any ideias, please?

TIA,

Vinicius.

Go to this site.

http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/

There are details for installation. I have hplip running on FC4 like a charm. Puts an icon in the accessories menu. Click on that and you have full control.

Jerry

Thanks.

Is your SELinux active ("enforcing" and "targeted")?

I have used hplip since 0.8X to 0.9.2 without problem on FC3.
I have compiled and installed it (version 0.9.3) on FC4, but there are several "avc denied" due to SELinux. Unfortunately, I think it's a hardware or configuration issue. I don't know if it is due kudzu or the kernel, or other component. As I said, the command *lspci* is not showing the printer, independent of hplip installation or not.

Vinicius.