Re: cyrus-imapd

Alexander,
My client is giving me permission denied errors when it tries to set
up the INBOX, Sent, Trash, etc, folders.

Speaking about INBOX that sounds strange.

I've been using Mail.app on MacOSX to get the mail in my linux box. Trying to do something different I connected to it using X11 and launched KDE. With Evolution I can see three mail boxes in my account: Inbox, Junk, and Trash. I can create a Sent folder inside the INBOX folder, but not outside like Junk and Trash.

Can you please post your /etc/imapd.conf and the output of cyradm
command runs "lm" and "lam <mailbox>", if it is not too much stuff. Else
be selective and past the part for a specific mailbox which has the
problem.

localhost.localdomain> lm
user.myname (\HasChildren)

localhost.localdomain> lam user.myname
myname lrswipcda

and now imapd.conf

configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus
sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
hashimapspool: true
sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
sasl_mech_list: CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5
tls_cert_file: /etc/pki/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_key_file: /etc/pki/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_ca_file: /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt

#Added by me
sasl_auxprop_plugin: sasldb
allowplaintext: no
quotawarn: 90
createonpost: yes
autocreatequota: 1000000
autocreateinboxfolders: Inbox | Sent | Drafts | Trash <<<<< This I saw in a forum, I don't know if the syntax is correct. The man pages specified that the previous two options should also be added with this one.

Please bear with me. Two days ago I didn't know anything about cyrus- imapd.
Thanks
EJ