going to FC4

Hi,

I have the FC4 DVD iso on my FC2 box.  I don't have a DVD drive on that box.  I can mount it as an iso9660 fs, but I can't figure out how to upgrade my FC2 system via that method.  I bought an external USB DVD drive, but the system wouldn't boot to that drive.  Yes, I can burn a DVD from my XP box.  (I didn't play around with the BIOS...)

I *can* download the FC4 CD's and burn 'em, but I don't really want to do that except as a last resort.

Please help.  Also, please CC me in the response if possible as I don't read this list often.

TIA,

Steve