Re: Dual-Head for Matrox G450 in FC4

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 08:52:14PM -0400, Ernest L. Williams Jr. wrote:

 > > For me, in the section above, I need to place a # before the
 > > Screen      1  "Screen1" 0 0
 > > line, or the first head never comes out of power saving mode.
 > > This gets me a cloned display oddly.  If I then remove the #
 > > and restart X, everything comes up just fine.
 > > This bug has been around for many moons, both in Red Hat bugzilla,
 > > and x.org bugzilla.
 >
 > So, you have xinerama and 3-D acceleration working with FC4 drivers?

xinerama & dri are mutually exclusive.
You'll get this in your X log..

(WW) MGA(0): Direct rendering is not supported when Xinerama is enabled

 > Also, I hope that bug gets fixed; don't like to be in tainted mode.

I've been using the workaround described above since FC2. I'm not
expecting it to be fixed anytime soon.  The upstream x.org mga driver
seems to get very little attention these days sadly.

		Dave