Re: New Age Music can kill FC4

Hoffmann wrote:
--- Markus Huber <humarfedoralists@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hoffmann wrote:

Well, I see no 'copy protection systems'

information

on my CDs. Moreover, I can listen to those CDs on
Windows (by using either Windows Media Player 9 or
Real Player 10) with no problem. So, I really

don't

know what the problem is.

What a pity, but I am not an expert on that. CDs
simply autostart on FC4 here, and my usual checklist might not apply to your
problem:

- any audio at all?
- CD-audiocable connected in the tower (hardware)?
- do CDs automatically start in gnome
(gnome-volume-properties)?
- CD volume enabled in gnome-volume-control?

Good luck, because FC4 is really a nice
distribution.

Btw.: did you try Real Player (they have a linux
version als well)?

Greetings
Markus

Hi Markus,
I have sound on FC4. The problem is the the CD drive
is not read my (MUSIC) CD's at all on LINUX FC4. The
CD drive reads data CDs with NO problem, however.

You need to hook up the audio cable between your drive and your
motherboard.
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -
-             To iterate is human, to recurse, divine.               -