Re: Mail Client --> intermediate host --> stunnel (?) --> imaps server

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Matt Morgan writes:

Am I right that stunnel won't work this way? If so, what do I really
want to be doing, in order to get this to work? Squid? Basically, we
just want a way to route the entire IMAPS connection through the
intermediary server on the DMZ.

There are a couple of ways to do that. First of all, you should be able to mess around with iptables and get connections to the imaps port on your so-called “intermediary” server forwarded to your real server.

Another option, and possibly easier to manage, is to use xinetd's redirection. An example from the xinetd docs:

service telnet
{
        socket_type             = stream
        wait                    = no
        user                    = root
        redirect                = 128.138.202.20 23
        log_on_failure += USERID
}