Re: New Age Music can kill FC4

--- Markus Huber <humarfedoralists@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hoffmann wrote:
> > --- David Gavin <dgavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >> Per the mp3.com page for this album it does seem
> >>have DRM on it:
> >> http://www.mp3.com/albums/593094/downloads.html
> >
> > What is happening with the multimidea on Fedora.
> This
> > person have had problem. I cannot even listen CDs
> by
> > using the CD drive. I allways need to ripe CDs
> first
> > in order to listen to my musics.
> > No one in this group was able to help me on that.
> > Should I go back to Windows to get my CD drive
> able to
> > play my CDs? Well, at least I can do that on
> Windows
>
> You are from the USA, I suppose. Here in Europe we
> have so called copy
> protection systems on CDs for quite a while and we
> call these systems
> "play protection systems".
>
> Quite a lot of players simply deny to play copy
> protected CDs:
> - car radios
> - DVD players
> - computer CD-players
> - computer DVD-players
>
> Even shops take them back, when you say that a CD
> cannot be played on
> these systems, because more and more people simply
> do not have old
> CD-only players anymore.
>
> So your (?) problem might be related to FC4 or even
> to Linux systems,
> although I doubt it.
>
> At the moment I have a CD running here under FC4 -
> without any problems.
> But it is definitely a CD without copy protection
> system (I do not buy
> those).
>
> You might try a Windows system on your hardware,
> maybe it can handle the
> problem. But if it is a problem between hardware and
> copy protection
> systems, Windows might not be able to handle it as
> well.
>
> --
> Regards
> Markus Huber
>

> --

Hi Markus,
Thanks for reply.
Well, I see no 'copy protection systems' information
on my CDs. Moreover, I can listen to those CDs on
Windows (by using either Windows Media Player 9 or
Real Player 10) with no problem. So, I really don't
know what the problem is.
Important to say that I am not criticizing Fedora at
all. I really love Fedora and, in my opinion, it is
THE BEST linux distribution available.
Thanks, once again, for your time.
Hoffmann