Re: New Age Music can kill FC4

--- David Gavin <dgavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, July 5, 2005 16:08, Robert Cahn said:
> > I have a disc, "acoustic elegance" by Tingstad &
> Rumbel.  When I put
> > that CD in my system it freezes the display.  I
> haven't tried logging
> > in with ssh to see if it is alive but it is a
> repeatable homicide.
> > Other audio discs don't exhibit this behavior.
> Does anybody have a
> > clue what can be on an audio disc that can put the
> system into an
> > infinite retry state or simply kill it?
> >
> > /Bob Cahn
> >
> > --
> >

>  Just a guess, but what kind of DRM is used on this
> disc? If it has a
> corrupted TOC or some other purposeful damage, it
> may cause a loop of
> some sort in your cd player app.
>
>  Per the mp3.com page for this album it does seem to
> have DRM on it:
>  http://www.mp3.com/albums/593094/downloads.html
>
> Dave Gavin
>
> --

Hi All:

What is happening with the multimidea on Fedora. This
person have had problem. I cannot even listen CDs by
using the CD drive. I allways need to ripe CDs first
in order to listen to my musics.
No one in this group was able to help me on that.
Should I go back to Windows to get my CD drive able to
play my CDs? Well, at least I can do that on Windows
Hoffmann