Re: nvidia-driver for fedora core 4

I'm using the FX5600 AGP and have had problems when installing the nvidia drivers with FC4. I can install drivers and change the xorg.conf file as per the nvidia documentation, but when changing back to run level 5 after the config I get an initial nvidia splash screen but then everything goes black. I then hit any key on the keyboard which then I get a prompt asking me if I want to view some files (sorry no names, long term loss of short term memory). I then reboot and everything seems fine but the xorg.conf file has reverted back to the original as if I had made no changes at all. My solution was to install CentOS and then everything was fine. Lot of chatter on nvidia's support list and this list about this problem. Hope this was the kind of response you were looking for.
begin:vcard
fn:Chris Moore
n:Moore;Chris
email;internet:cmoore@xxxxxxxxxxx