Re: Remote Assistance

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 07:25, Travis Fraser wrote:

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have been doing the former, but with small amounts of data no more
> > > than 20 or 30 MB. I have discovered though, that often the transfer
> > > dies. I can't figure out if it is the amount of data, or what.
> >
> > It's a bug and the time when it stalls seems to be unpredictable.
> > Running rsync in daemon mode will work, and if necessary you can
> > use ssh port-forwarding to connect to it.  It's odd because about
> > everything else works as you would expect under sshd.

> Are there any known work-arounds other than running rsync in daemon
> mode?

I'm not aware of any - and I just updated my Cygwin install to make sure
the bug is still there. It does work the other direction - that is, if
you issue the 'rsync -essh ...' command on the Cygwin/Windows box with
the remote side running Linux/unix.  It can copy either direction when
invoked this way - the specific bug has to do with the cygwin rsync
running under sshd.  Just guessing, I'd say something is wrong in
the buffering and both sides end up waiting for each other.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx