Printer sharing

I have ran into a problem that is a bit perplexing but hasn't been a real issue until last weekend.
I have a small network with 3 printers.  I can share the printer on FC3 and Win 98.  The printer on XP will share with the win98 computer but NOT with linux...any suggestions?
This was not a problem until I got a wide carriage printer that needs to be on the XP computer.  I have tried everything I know (which isn't much), checked CUPS files and Samba config and everything seems to be OK.  All computers share files with no problem and will ping back and forth.  The printer shows up as set up in the RedHat printer config, and a test page shows as sent but it doesn't print.  The workaround thus far is print to a file, then print the file from the XPos.
Any suggestions?