Re: Re: losetup / Encrypt Partition

Hallo,

> Am Di, den 05.07.2005 schrieb harald.schwier@xxxxxxxxxx um 16:04:
>
> > i am trying to encrypt a Partition. I use losetup to configure
> > the loopback Devise. Everthing works fine, but now i am trying
> > to save the password on an USB-Stick.
> > But when i enter:
> > losetup -p 0 -E 1 /dev/loop0 /dev/sda7 < /media/USB-MP3/passfile
> > i am still prompted to enter the Password. What's wrong?
>
> cat /media/USB-MP3/passfile | losetup -p 0 -E 1 /dev/loop0 /dev/sda7
>
> Does that work?

No. losetup still prompts for a Password.
I have just found out that life is easier with cryptsetup. But i have
to use an encrytion with little impact on performance. XOR would
by nice (I know it is unsave). How can i tell cryptsetup to use XOR.
Or is there another algorithm with a small performance impace?
Thanks in advance,
Harald