Re: Supermount -- Advisable?

Paul Howarth wrote:

Benjamin Sher wrote:

On 5 Jul 2005 at 8:30, Paul Howarth wrote:

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 02:19 -0500, Benjamin Sher wrote:

It's working fine in the console. I was hoping to make it work in Konqueror, too, whether as root or user.

It should be working properly for all applications if you are physically
logged-in on that machine and not using it remotely.

P.S. Please stop top-posting on this mailing list.
Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I tried to mount the data CD by clicking on the File Manager as Root or User but it failed to open the CD.

You shouldn't need to do this because it should already be mounted.

When you say "It's working fine in the console", what do you mean?

What I mean is that I can mount and open the files on my data CD by typing:

#mount /dev/hdc -t iso9660 /media/cdrecorder

Then I can cd to the /media/cdrecorder directory and see and manipulate my subdirectories and files.

If I try to access my data CD using the File Manager as Root, it will not work (I get a crash sound) UNTIL I first mount it in the console as above. Then, after mounting it, I can access my files either in the console (as above) or by using the File Manager as Root.

Benjamin

Benjamin