Re: network restart (after this: only localhost up)

rueh hänä wrote:
ok. The NetworkManager is not running. First I made a service NetworkManager
stop, then a start.

If the system is not a laptop or other portable device that will be used on different networks, I'd suggest turning off NetworkManager and leaving it turned off. This should fix the issues you're seeing.

And now, i have again to directly go to the server for
activating the network interfaces. Kinda crazy.
Here the configs...

eth0:

DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=none
BROADCAST=192.108.234.255
HWADDR=00:12:79:3D:A3:E4
IPADDR=192.108.234.167
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=192.108.234.0
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
GATEWAY=192.108.234.50

GATEWAY is best set in /etc/sysconfig/network rather than in ifcfg-eth0 because it's a property of the system as a whole, not just that interface.

Paul.