sending a fax the easy way (idea)

http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2005/7/1/613

Really sick easy in OS X - from the print dialog, you print to PDF and
tell it to send it as a fax.
It dials up the receiving fax and sends it.

I know not all gui apps use gnomeprint (especially non gnome apps :p)
but it seems to me that it wouldn't be difficult to add this to
gnomrprint for apps that do use it to immediately benefit.

I don't know how OS X handles automating a cover sheet (a fax should
have one) - but this seems like it would be a really useful feature.
When I need to send a fax (rare) I usually just print it and send it
from my local mail stop - but for people who depend upon fax, something
like that would be sweet.

Another option would be no changes to gnomeprint, but a fax option for
PDF's in Nautilus/Konquorer. That would be preferable to me - as it
would allow me to preview the file before it was faxed. Maybe stick the
functionality in evince?

What are thoughts here about this kind of thing?