Re: I'm about to give up. Please Help

Don wrote:

I have just this weekend to get this going. I have been working on it for two days. Please help.

I was running FC3 with no problem on this system.

I installed FC4 new. I select all the packages. When the install displays there is 25 minutes left, the screen turns gray, then I see a terminal like output stating something like starting graphical interface, the system reboot, and I get a grub> prompt.

Have you tried any of the options such as text install? It looks as if your system is rebooting without having written grub to the mbr. I wonder has X started before the reboot? How much stuff was installed? is it possible you are filling up the partition(s) which causes the reboot?

Did you try a rescue boot? Can the rescue find the aborted install. Can you use grub to find the install log in /root?

   HTH

   Scott