Re: Another WiFi question...

 Hey Jonathan. Thanks for the reply.

> What is the output of "iwconfig"?  (You can mask out the WEP key)  My
> first guess is maybe you need to set the encryption mode to "open"
> instead of "restricted"
> # iwconfig wlan0 key open
> Can you configure it and get it to work after boot?

 All I get when I do that is:
 ------------------------------------
 Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
     SET failed on device wlan0 ; Invalid argument.
 ------------------------------------

 I did a google before I replied and all I could find was that it was a
 "harmless" error. Only thing is that I don't know if it worked or not.
 I did put my ap on "open" and it still didn't work. things just keeps
 getting worse. 8)

> Any reason you are running the 32-bit version?  Make sure you have the
> 32-bit Windows drivers (yes, there are 64-bit drivers and they work
> with 64-bit Linux and ndiswrapper :)).

Just my experience with 64 Linux hasn't been good. I have tried
fedora, suse, and ubuntu, all of them 64. they last a while and after
that wierd things start to happen. Gnome screws up, programs don't
run, icons on the desktop change to other program's icons. I don't
know I'm just staying away from it for now. And yup, they're the
32-bit drivers. Got them straight from my xp partition.

I have been able to get ndiswrapper to work on the 64 linux. It was
much easier than what I'm going through now. ;) Last time was follow
instructions and all done. I don't know whats going on now....

thanks again  Jonathan, maybe we can do this thing. I'm going to keep googling.

--
- radioact1ve
radioact1ve@xxxxxxxxx