Re: Can't find existing Fedora on FC3>FC4 upgrade

Andy Schlei wrote:

Jim

This is very helpful. If I have time later this week I might try to the YUM approach, and I'll definitely file a bug. I appreciate the help. I really want to avoid a re-installation (too much time on config files invested and I'm lazy and don't want to do them again). So the YUM approach looks good.

Thanks,

--Andy

Pass on the bug report number. I was surprised that the LVM install that I dusted off and put back in this box recognized the install with this attempt. I am wondering if the fedora-release package holds the key to not having your installation recognized. I swapped out disks again once the older installation failed to boot due to the latest kernel having acpi issues on my computer.

Regarding FC3 to FC4 upgrading, I did this on one machine and it seems to work a lot better than a clean installed FC4 server with similar purpose and functionality. The FC3 to 4 server can be connected to every time that I query it. Th clean install is intermittent and is not reliable for duties required from it.
YMMV,
Jim

--
"... And remember: if you don't like the news, go out and make some of
your own."