Re: How do I get rid of Kudzu?

Benjamin Sher wrote:

Dear friends:

Every time I boot up Kudzu insists on checking my hardware. Specifically, checking my printer. I configured my printer a long time ago in Gnome and it works perfectly in both Gnome and KDE. But the hardware configuration box keeps showing up every bootup. I've considered removing it but yum tells me that if I do, I'll have to remove all of KDE. So the obvious question is: how do I disable it so it NEVER shows up again during bootup or whenever unless I personally invoke it?

Thank you so much.

From the command line:

chkconfig kudzu off

should disable the kudzu 'service' from being started. Change 'off' to 'on' to re-enable it (should you want it to check at boot-time later on).