Re: my FC4 freezes in an unpredictable way

--- Nathan Grennan <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 09:02 -0700, Nathan Grennan
> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 12:03 -0700, BB Cao wrote:
> > > Dear All,
> > >
> > > I just updated from FC3 to FC4 last week. I like
> FC
> > > very much! But one thing is pretty annoying
> after the
> > > updation, my FC4 just freezes now and then. My
> > > observation is that, if I don't use keyboard or
> mouse
> > > longer than 1-2 hours, it freezes probably 60%
> of all
> > > the times. The screensaver was already disabled.
> Any
> > > suggestion of how to get rid of it? Thank you
> very
> > > much!
> > >
> > > BTW: After updation, I don't have "snapshot"
> function
> > > any more, I mean, it doesn't appear on my menu,
> how
> > > can I get it installed?
> >
> > I recommend trying the latest development kernel,
> 2.6.12-1.1387. It
> > fixed my problem with the system freezing.
>
> Ignore this recommendation, I just had it lock up on
> me again. It just
> took a lot longer.

Thanks! Actually, another weird thing happened, when I
was using KDevelop(just editting) this morning, it
lock up again. This really worries me, I had such
experience when used Microsoft decades ago. I hope
anybody can help me out of here. Well, of course,
another option will be back to FC3 which I didn't have
such problems.