USB mounting - unmounting on FC4 comaped to FC1

On FC1, USB drive mount/dismount was available on right click after plugging the device in.
Its operation was also very pridctable like
   -- option appearing with desktop right click menu
   -- icon appering on desktop for mounted drive and rightclick menu showing tic mark
   -- indicator glowing only when data transferring.
   -- after umnount by right click path tic mark vanishing
   -- after unplugging the option of USB mount not showing alongside cdrom
   -- appeared like a total solution

ON FC4 I was expecting same or better working with USB but its operation is unpredictable like
   -- plugging in, does create activity.
   -- console mount command need be issed. Icon appears on desktop.
   -- USB indicator LED off until first data transfer happen.
   -- LED continues to glow even after data transfer completes and unmount command!

can someone help me streamline this unpredictable working
thanks
--
Anil Kumar Shrama