Re: Systematic Upgrade from Fedora 1 -> 4

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Am So, den 19.06.2005 schrieb Claude Jones um 1:52:

I've heard this advice repeatedly, but haven't given it much thought. Now, I'm curious. In installing, I've never noticed an option to install particular folders on particular partitions. Is this something I've simply missed, or is there a procedure for doing this? A howto would be welcome - I'm willing to learn on my own.

Claude Jones

It is no problem - whether during install time or later - to have for instance /var/www/html as a separate partition, or which I do /var/spool/mail. (Nearly) Each place in the directory structure can be a mount point. Or do I misunderstand your question?

My question goes to specifics. I just don't understand how you tell Fedora, during installation, to put /home on partition xyz, and the rest of not-root on partition abc --- I certainly believe its possible because I 've read many posts counseling separating /home to its own partition. I just don't understand the practicals - how do you actually do that during an install?

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA