Re: Fedora on Powerbook

Bryan Elliott wrote:

Elliot Lee wrote:

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Bryan Elliott wrote:

I just got Fedora Core 4 loaded on my powerbook. So once it boots up initializes the hardware and then the screen goes black and I can't get it to do any thing else. I know that it is in the config for the video but how do I get to a place that I can fix it?

Boot it into text mode ('linux 3' at the yaboot prompt) and it shouldn't
start X. If that doesn't help, it may be a problem with the framebuffer
console...

In the future it would help to have more details on your hardware to aid
in diagnosing the problem. Tell us things like what video card and CPU it has. :)

Best,
-- Elliot
You can accomplish anything you want, so long as you don't care who gets credit for it.

It is a powerbook 17 with the following specs

    1.67GHz PowerPC G4 processor
•     512MB memory
•     100GB hard drive
•     8x SuperDrive (DVD+-RW/CD-RW)
•     10/100/1000 Ethernet

ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700

So I started it up with Linux 3 and that got me up in text mode so then I ran system-config-display and now I am back at that black screen.