Re: Filled up the filesystem. How?

Yes, when I checked the directory tree I check /tmp. It is empty. As about the only thing that I can do on this machine is browse the web, I have been looking for a command that will show me all large files/directories. I thought that df would do it, but man doesn't seem to know of any option that would do this. Nor does google!

How does one go about searching for bloat? All the obvious (logs, tmp,
yum clean all) leave no hints. Last thing that I want to do is to tell
Ety to log onto the windows machine because linux is broken!!!

I thought of waiting for FC4 and just rm'ing the whole drive (I
managed to back up /home/whats_important_to_me onto a 256 XD card with
a usb card reader), but we need the machine daily.

Please, any other ideas about what to check, and what I can erase are
seriously needed right about now. If someone I trust (the names
Dalloz, Lynch and a few others come to mind) want to ssh in, I'll see
if I can set up the daemon. Thanks all, I always appreciate your help.
And your willingness to teach patiently.

Dotan
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/pages/artist_albums.php/238/%20Guns%20N%27%20Roses
Guns N' Roses Lyrics

If Java is set up, may I recommend TO EVERYBODY JDiskReport?

It comes from www.jgoodies.com.

Runs on ANY java enabled PC (Linux, Windows etc).

Absolutely brilliant for finding where the big files/folders are.

Have used it for years on both platforms. Wouldn't use anything else.

Regards,
Ed.

begin:vcard
fn:Edward Dekkers
n:Dekkers;Edward
org:Triple D Computer Services Pty. Ltd.;Management
adr:;;822 Rowley Road;Oakford;WA;6121;Australia
email;internet:edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Mr.
tel;work:(08) 9397-1040
tel;fax:(08) 9397-0749