Re: Squirrelmail and HTTP

Steve de Carteret wrote:
dan wrote:

Steve de Carteret wrote:

I am attemtping to use Squirrelmail on a Sendmail Server behind a company firewall. The firewall forwards HTTP requests to a Windows IIS box. I can re-set the HTTP to listen on an alternate port just fine, and forward that port through the firewall, but when I do, the Squirrelmail doesn't want to play. Anyone have an idea how to reset the Squirrelmain config? Or am I missing something else?

Steve

Steve -

Squirrelmail could care less what port the web server is listening on. Are you running SM on this IIS server, or on another?

I also suspect that the whole port-forwarding mechanism is broken, or you've set something wrong. Look into that.

Thanks
-dant

SM is running on FC2. It works fine internally on my network with default ports configured. When I redirect http to another port, the http default page responds, but SM gives a "Cannot connect" error message. This is the case for both internal connections as well as through the firewall.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve -

Is SM able to connect via IMAP to the mail server? Would this router or whatever prevent the HTTP server which SM is on, to connect to the mail server via IMAP? Is that the kind of error you're getting?

Thanks
-dant