Re: Need advice on new mailserver and spam

Unfortunately the external mailservice does not allow any changes to
their postmaster@xxxxxxxxxx catchall address, and also no changes to
the 1000 email quota that shuts down the entire domain.

Temporary p**ing-out-the-fire measures are an FC3 laptop running
Evolution which downloads all emails every 10 minutes 24/7. In an
all-M$ company it was tough enough convincing them to let me connect a
linux box to their network, until I showed them the list of 140
worm-infested emails that were blocked the day before on my own server
by ClamAV - worms that are targeted at their M$ network. It's also a
stepping-stone to getting acceptance for a linux-only mail and
webserver on their site.

Thanks to all suggestions and it looks like greylisting is the ticket
- I'll give that a go as soon as I get the go-ahead to install a linux
server.

bob