Re: mysql version in FC3

Bob Hartung wrote:

Hi all,
I am stumbling around trying to learn PHP & MySQL. FC3, as of the latest updates, is using mysql-server-3.23.58-16, etc. I note that the recommended version to use, according to the MySQL site is 4.11. I see no identifiable RPMs for FC3 with this version numbering.

Is there a reason for the delay in updating MySQL RPMs for FC3 or should I just go ahead to rpmfind.net and grab the 4.11 versions that are just listed as being for Fedora Core (version not specified). Note that the older RPMs are listed as specifically for FC3.

This is a little confusing to me. My tutorial is all based on MySQL ver. >4.

Thanks,

Bob Hartung

You should just go ahead and grab the RPMs from mysql.org