Re: Audio as user not working

Andy Pieters wrote:

I can get sound if I log as root, nothin as standar user.
If I try to open the Audio Control I get the following error:
no element and/or device of mixer device was found (I can't move the
slider of the volume)

Hi

Normally, when you start X and login, the system should chown the mixer devices for you. For some reason it doesn't.

A workaround is to log on as root, then type the following instructions:

cd /dev
chown user:user -R audio mixer snd adsp amidi dmmidi dsp midi

And then login as the user.

Replace user with your username

HTH

Andy

tnx, but this is a workaround not the solution.

Why the system is not properly chowning audio files???

Antonio