Re: Japanese Input with iiimf

Jens Petersen wrote:

Mark Sargent wrote:

Jens Petersen wrote:

http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/i18n/iiimf-faq.html

On that page, it talks about locales. And, it seems to me, to use the input tool, u gotta be in Japanese locale, to use J. Have I misunderstood it.?

This is no longer true with modern Input Methods like iiimf.
You can switch to Japanese even if you running iiimf with LANG=en_US.UTF-8 say
using the gnome panel applet. Though if you want always to input in Japanese by
default, you could for instance set

LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.UTF-8

say in "~/.i18n".

And, just in case, although I doubt it, that someone who wrote the faq is reading, that's a terrible faq..It speaks to you as if you are a techy person, right off the bat. An avergae user would be stumped, to say the least.

Thanks for the feedback - suggests on how to improve it are welcome. :)

Jens

Hi All,

Jens, sorry, was having a bad hair day. Is that the only official page for info on this..? Is there some sort of TUT for setting it up, step by step.? Perhaps if so, then the FAQ is okay as is. Anyway, I got it installed, but, no input in Thunderbird as yet. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.