Re: Wireless suggestion - tired of madwifi

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 08:50:51 -0400
"Scot L. Harris" <webid@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I spent a couple of weeks trying to get the Centrino 2200BG wireless
> chip set to work in a Toshiba Tecra M2.

Funny, that.  The Centrino 2200BG wireless in my JVC MiniNote worked
almost "out of the box" with recent FC3 kernels.  All I had to do was to
install the firmware files for the ipw2200 driver.

>  Finally gave up and bought a
> Netgear WG511v2 card.  This card is based on a Marvell chip set.

... and THIS card that you mention was a bear to set up (ndiswrapper) and
eventually got returned to the shopo because it kept losing connection and
doing other weird things.

Bought a WG511 card (an older one) with a prism54 chipset for my wife's
non-Centrino laptop and it works beautifully.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/