Madwifi on Fedora Core 3

OK... I'm tearing my hair out on this one. I recently upgraded from Fedora Core 1 (actually, it was a clean install) to Fedora Core 3. I use a Netgear HA501 (80211.A) wireless card, which I had working under Core 1. It took me weeks at that time, as I recall, and was easily the closest I've come to giving up on Linux. Now, I'm in the same boat. I've spent hours searching for every error message on Google, tried to use the #MADWIFI irc channel (got no response), and still cannot get it to work.

SO... is there anybody on this group who has this working with Fedora Core 3, and would be willing to correspond with me to get it working? If I plug my mepis CD in, the thing works perfectly. But for some reason, it is stumping me with FC3.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Bill J.