Re: recompile qt on FC4

On Friday 27 May 2005 3:08 pm, Adel Essafi wrote:
> hi lists
> I wanna recompile linux on FC4 so that it will recognise firebird driver
> but I don t find any configure file under $QTDIR directory!! does someone
> have any experience with this!!
> thank you

Adel,

I did this once.  It took a few iterations to get it right, but basically, I
installed the RPM source (RPM -Uvh qt-xxx.src.rpm), went to the SPEC
directory (/usr/src/redhat/SPEC), and modified the qt.spec file.  I would
append you initials, plus an attempt number to the release number, to
identify this as your package, but preserve the versioning, so the package
managers will tell you about newer versions.

Basically, you want to find the entries for mysql, and duplicate them for
firebird (actually, to qt, the plugin flag is called -plugin-sql-ibase).
Thus using the mysql sections as a template, use the sections below for
firebase.  Note that I last did this for QT-3.3.3, and the sections below are
from that version.  Your milage may vary.  Also note, the QT firebird support
was not completely functional.  I don't recall the differences, but is was
not as smooth as say the mysql support.

Good luck,
	--rick

#buildfbsql: Build Firebird SQL plugins
%define buildfbsql 1

%if %{buildfbsql}
%define plugin_fbsql -plugin-sql-ibase
%else
%define plugin_fbsql %{nil}
%endif

%define plugins %{plugin_mysql} %{plugin_fbsql} %{plugin_psql} %{plugin_odbc}
%{
plugins_style}

Release: (distro value)fb1

%if %{buildfbsql}
# Choose wether you need SS or CS
BuildRequires: FirebirdSS
#BuildRequires: FirebirdCS
%endif

%if %{buildfbsql}
%package FirebirdSQL
Group: System Environment/Libraries
Requires: %{name} = %{epoch}:%{version}-%{release}
AutoReqProv:     No
%endif

%if %{buildfbsql}
%description FirebirdSQL
Firebird for QT's SQL classes(QSQL)
%endif

# build fbsql plugin
%if %{buildfbsql}
   pushd plugins/src/sqldrivers/ibase
   qmake -o Makefile "LIBS+=-lfbclient" ibase.pro
popd
%endif

%if %{buildfbsql}
%files FirebirdSQL
%defattr(-,root,root,-)
%{qtdir}/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlibase*
%endif